Absent Bodies in Tafelhalle Nürnberg, 2022
pic. by Johannes Felder
Gemma Ragués Pujol
Composer, writer and performer specialized in contemporary and experimental music.
Her pieces seek to be absurd, puzzling and funny. An alliance between voice, text, acoustic instruments, performance, electronics and a lot of force on stage. She uses text and poetry to build up stories and dramaturgies full of onirism, humour and conceptual dilemmas. Recently she is passionate about repetition.
She has performed alone in venues like la Biennale di Venezia Musica 2022, Tafelhalle Nürnberg and her works have been premiered by ensembles such as Neue Vocalsolisten, VORTEX Ensemble, the Biel Symphony Orchestra, NEC or NEKO3, beyond others, in festivals such as Venice Biennale, ECLAT, Jardins Musicaux or Musikfestival Bern.
- Master in Contemporary Arts Practice (HKB, Bern)
- Biennale College Musica (Biennale di Venezia)
- Master in Composition Creative Practice (HKB, Bern)
- Bachelor in Contemporary Composition (ESMuC, Barcelona)
- Composition Course in Ticino Musica Festival (Lugano)
2023 In ECLAT with Neue Vocal Solisten (Stuttgart, DE)
2022 Composer in Biennale College Musica / Venezia (Italia, IT)